Jules Kounde’s transfer to Chelsea from Sevilla is “very near,” and it may be completed on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old has been closely linked to a transfer to Stamford Bridge for years, with a deal falling through on deadline day the previous summer.
“It was evident we tried for Kounde and Saul and it was very, very late but it was a very, very seamless transfer window because I had complete concentrate on training and on my squad,” Tuchel said following the summer transfer window.
However, it appears that Chelsea may have finally found their man after the departures of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen.
Kounde may be leaving Spain’s top level, but the two will still play for Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga.
Up to four defensive players were allegedly on Chelsea’s want list for the summer transfer season.
Additionally, it was said that Sevilla was holding out for more than €60 million while the Blues put in a proposal of €50 million plus add-ons.
The Blues are reported “extremely close” to reaching a deal with Sevilla for the defender, according to a recent report from Radio Sevilla.
The 23-year-old, who had previously agreed on personal terms with Chelsea over a prospective move last year, might be the subject of a trade on Tuesday because Barcelona has not yet made a move for him.
Given that Sevilla has a reputation for being a difficult negotiator in the past, it is still uncertain whether an agreement can be reached.
Additionally, according to Fabrizio Roman, Sevilla has received a “verbal approach” from Chelsea in the amount of €50M plus add-ons.
Sevilla’s current asking price for Jules Kounde is €65 million.
Therefore, if a fair price can be reached during the summer transfer window, a move for Kounde could make the most sense, with Tuchel expecting to see his defensive overhaul nearing completion ahead of the upcoming Premier League season.
Due to Barcelona’s interest in acquiring Cesar Azpilicueta, Kounde’s arrival may mark the end of the club captain.