Chelsea

After Antonio Rudiger’s transfer, Thomas Tuchel discusses urgent Chelsea plans

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has confessed that every player’s future is ‘uncertain’ because the club is unable to hold contract discussions due to the existing penalties. While the limitations remain in place, Antonio Rudiger will depart Stamford Bridge as a free agent this summer, and more might follow.
In March, Roman Abramovich placed Chelsea up for sale in the wake of criticism over his links to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who ordered the invasion of Ukraine. After the oligarch was sanctioned by the UK government and the European Union (EU), the club was unable to negotiate new contracts or finalise signings.

Tuchel said the club’s takeover predicament has influenced his team in an interview with the media before of Chelsea’s Premier League match against Wolves on Saturday. And the German indicated that, following Rudiger’s announced leaving plans, his squad’s future is more uncertain due to existing restrictions.

See also  Tuchel responds to Manchester City's signing of a long-term Chelsea target Haaland, Erling

“It definitely impacts the squad,” he told reporters, “but I can’t say to what extent.” Toni [Rudiger] leaves us during the sanctioned period, and we are unable to fight. It has been demonstrated to have an influence, and this decision affects the dressing room. He plays a crucial role. Because there are no conversations for anybody, the situation of each individual’s future is unclear.”
Todd Boehly, a US businessman, has been chosen as the preferred bidder, but the UK government would not allow the sale to proceed if Abramovich receives any of the proceeds. Chelsea, however, are in dire danger of going out of business until a buyout is done or the license is extended beyond May.

See also  'It would be better if he stayed with us for another year,' says Southampton manager

Earlier this week, there were concerns that a deal may fall through because Abramovich reportedly changed the conditions of the sale in order to repay his £1.5 billion debt to Chelsea. The 55-year-old, though, denies the allegations and says he’remains devoted’ to writing it off and donating the funds to a good cause.
Tuchel, on the other hand, is ‘confident’ that a takeover will go through now that the process is moving along. Tuchel added, “I was told last week that we have a preferred bidder, and things are moving forward.” “I’m focused on the pitch; I’m confident after what I heard last week.”

“You can take action and make decisions when the situation is clear; otherwise, you are in a passive role.” We are what we are. We make every effort to minimize the problem, yet it always exists. We want to be in a scenario where we can plan forward and know what the circumstances are for enhancing the squad.”

 

See also  Chelsea has not won at Old Trafford since 2013, read what Tuchel has to say about this poor streak

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button